‘Tis the season to be jolly! ‘Tis also the season for all sorts of awesome Christmas blog posts. This post is part of the 12 Days of Christmas – A Blog Collaboration by Kiwi Mummy Bloggers. Read on to find out who is up next.
It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas. Or if you regularly shop at Kmart – it’s been looking a lot like Christmas for weeks now. Have you done all the shopping or are you stumped? I’m here to help!
To prevent you getting your tinsel in a tangle, I’ve put together the ultimate Christmas gift guide for the bubbas.
I find under ones really hard to buy for. On one hand they would probably be happy with a wad of wrapping paper and a cardboard box. On the other hand – this is their FIRST Christmas! That’s a big deal.
So here are my top gifts for children under 1 year old:
1. MEGA BLOKS – These have been a hit in our house for so long. They are super easy for little hands, no little bits = no choking hazards and there are so many different sets, you can just keep adding to them. We have 4 or 5 different sets now so we can build some epic towers!
2. BLOCK TROLLEY – Every little learner walker needs a block trolley. Sturdy, a bit of weight in the front with the blocks and the little ones are off! Mocka’s block trolley is really reasonably priced too.
3. WATER/SAND TABLE – There is something about water that keeps kids busy for hours! I guarantee a water table will provide hours of entertainment. Perfect for a summer Christmas in the southern hemisphere.
4. KIWI KIWI – Move over Buzzy Bee, there’s a new Kiwi icon in town: KiWi KiWi. New Zealand artist, Dick Frizzell, has created this cute little dude. I would love one of these for Jamie. I could imagine it being one of those toys that you hold on to for years and years.
5. TEEPEE – Teepees are the best! Snuggle up for story time inside on a rainy day or chuck it out on the lawn under the summer sun. We love our Mocka Teepee. Plus it’s so easy to gather up and stash in the wardrobe.
6. MOCKA MOOVER PRAM – seriously cute, another quality product from Mocka. Perfect for learning to walk and playing families.
7. FAVOURITE BOOK – I love the idea of sharing your favourite childhood book with your bubba. Mine was hands down Badjelly The Witch by Spike Milligan. Apparently I knew it word for word. Unfortunately I couldn’t find my childhood copy but I scoured Trade Me and managed to find a copy published the same year I was born!
8. A.T. CYCLE RIDE ON – Every Kiwi kid needs one of these classic ride ons. Cheap, virtually indestructible and a firm favourite with the littles. Lockie has been riding his for years – at 3 he still jumps on it for a hoon.
9. SCOUT/VIOLET FROM LEAPFROG – Lockie was given Scout for his first Christmas and he’s been a favourite companion ever since. Even now at 3 he is a still so much fun. The best thing about Scout and Violet is that you can personalise them. They come with a USB cable and you can program your little ones name, favourite songs, favourite food, favourite colour and so much more. Lockie was so excited when we discovered Scout and Friends on Netflix too.
10. BEBE & I PHOTO BOOK – These are so cool! New Zealand made, these photo books have spaces for photos and pictures – you can even add a mirror to one of the slots. The options are endless!
11. WISHBONE BIKE – Another design by a clever Kiwi, the Wishbone bike really grows with your little one. They start out as a 3 wheeler trike and convert to a balance bike, with an adjustable seat that you can move up as little legs get longer. I know it seems crazy to get a bike for a baby but we got one for Lockie when he was a bubba and he was cruising on his own just two weeks after his first birthday. And at three now, he still loves his Wishbone bike.
12. HAIRY MACLARY TOUCH & FEEL BOOK – Hairy Maclary from Donaldson’s Dairy – every Kiwi kid knows Hairy and the gang. This touch and feel book is a super cute introduction to all of the dogs, including Scarface Claw, the toughest tom in town. Jamie absolutely loves this book.
So the countdown is on! Just a few short weeks until the jolly fat man in the red suit sneaks into our homes. I can’t wait!
What would you add to the ultimate Christmas gift guide for under ones? What have you got stashed away for your bubba’s first Christmas?
Have you been following along the Kiwi Mummy Bloggers 12 Days of Christmas? Yesterday was the lovely Caitlyn from Life with Lochlan with her Co-Parent’s Guide to Surviving the Holiday Season. Tomorrow we have a post on Christmas Traditions from Adrianne from Eva – The Living One.