After consuming far too many wines ringing in the New Year, during a rare night without the kid, I have finally returned to the land of the living. The hangover was so bad I have been a weepy nightmare for three days! Once upon a time I would have picked myself up, scrubbed off last night’s make up, downed some chocolate milk and been ready to go again. My oh my, how times have changed!
Apart from never drinking again (yeah right!) I’ve been contemplating my goals for the year ahead, as one does this time of year. So, without further ado, here are the 5 things I am going to conquer in 2016:
- Stop saying no a thousand times a day! Our little man is very, umm… inquisitive. And he likes to, errr…. test the boundaries. OK, he’s a little terror who is in to everything! I spend all day long saying, ‘no, no, don’t do that, get off there, what are you doing – get down, no, no, no!’ But then I rarely follow through, leaving him to continue stuffing Tupperware lids into the oven. I feel like I need to start saving no for when I really mean NO. I’m going to make a conscious effort to use different words for my ‘warnings’ and save no for when I really mean it!
- Lose some weight. Yes, I know – every second women in the world will be saying the same thing this time of the year. But I’ve done it before and I can darn well do it again. End of story.
- Waste less food. I don’t think you’d believe me if I told you just how much food we throw away each week. We are notorious for forgetting fresh produce and ending up biffing it when it’s well past it’s best before. I have Mr. Mac on board for this one too – bonus!
- Blog more. Post more on social media. Less screen time. I guess I’m still trying to figure this one out, ha ha. I think it comes down to scheduling – setting time for blog stuff and time to switch off and just be with my family.
- Master the selfie. Learn to take them and then take more of them! I have approximately 5,000 photos of my 16 month old son (I wish I were exaggerating – they are hard to keep track of!) and perhaps a dozen photos of me taken over the same period. I HATE the way I look in photos with my new ‘Mum bod’. My face is round, my hair is always a mess, my body – well, let’s not go there. But you know what? One day my son may look back and wish he had more photos of his Mum before she was all wrinkled and grey. Or maybe he won’t. Either way I am determined to make this the year of the selfie (including my family and friends).
Righto, I’m off to go buy a selfie stick! But before I go, and just because it seems to be the thing that bloggers do, here are my most popular posts of 2015:
- Ahhhh sleep, we meet again – baby sleep consultant update.
- The casualties of sleep deprivation.
- D.I.Y. lightbox letters.
- Elf on the shelf.
What are your New Year’s resolutions?