I spotted this recipe for Quinoa Pizza Bites on Fit Mum’s blog and it looked so simple I had to give it a try! Here’s how my version went:
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup super low fat grated cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup finely chopped low fat salami
- 3 finely chopped spring onions
- paprika, oregano, basil, salt & pepper
1. Mix all ingredients together and pop in to a muffin tin. I used a super non-stick tin with 6 large ‘muffin holes’.
2. Pop them in the oven at 180 degrees for around 20 minutes or until golden brown.
The rest were just as nice reheated the next day for lunch. I think next time I would use less salami or maybe try ham.
If you make 6 like I did, then MyFitnessPal tells us that 2 bites = 240 calories, 27g carbs, 7g fat, 17g protein.
My verdict: easy and quick to make, tasty and healthy!