What I have learnt in the first month of being a parent:
- I can inhale a whole plate of food in under 3 minutes.
- Breastfeeding is way harder than African tribeswomen make it look!
- Most seemingly random things are actually normal when it comes to babies. Excessive sneezing, feeding for 12 hours straight, black poo, green poo, yellow poo, no poo – all normal.
- A hot meal is a privilege, not a right.
- Single parents deserve a medal! So does my husband.
- Google is awesome. And terrifying. And confusing.
- It is amazing how little sleep I can function on. And by function I mean get out of bed, feed the baby, change the baby and generally take care of the baby. Still working on getting dressed and feeding myself.
- Friends and family are beyond important. And we have some of the best in the world!
- My husband whispering creepy things into the baby monitor will always give me the heebie jeebies!